Thursday, March 25, 2010

Glassigt! (and a haircut)

Salut!

I thought I would share my thoughts on my favorite expression ever- Glassigt!

I learned it from my swedish friends (I have a lot now!) Translated into english, it means Ice cream-ish, but basically it implies everything that is going right in your life. That has definitely been the case for me this week. The weather has been perfect, I haven't had too much homework, and I discovered a new ice cream place downtown that makes incredible home-made ice cream. They have all of the traditional flavors, along with things like Cucumber, curry, Sake, and any other weird flavor you could imagine. For some reason, I always end up trying the weirdest mixes. Last weekend I had Cassis (black currant) with Speculos (a yummy cookie) and yesterday I had Mango with Caramel.... They were weird together, but separately very good! I'm going to have to start limiting myself to two times a week :P

So this is just a short post on how wonderful life is right now. I also got a haircut today (for free!) My friend Inga (she's swedish) has been saying for weeks that she would cut it for me, and we finally made it happen. Just maybe an inch or two, so you can't really tell, but that really took off some of the weight, which will be nice with the coming hot weather.

Plans for this weekend: going on a Scouting trip! I'm not exactly sure what that will entail, so more details later.

Well Thursdays are the start of the weekend for me, so bon week-end tout le monde!
A plus!
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment