Sunday, December 6, 2009

Lyon, fête de lumières

Sorry to inundate you with two posts at once, but I'm finally getting caught up!

This one is going to be mostly pictures. Yesterday I went with Kaycee to Lyon for the annual fête de lumières (Light Festival). The festival is every year near december 8, to thank Mary, mother of Jesus, for saving the city from the Plague back in the middle ages.

We got there in the early afternoon, and walked all around the city. I saw the Cathedral, the Roman Ruins, and the Basilica- my favorite. It got dark around 5, and at 6 the festival started. They had these incredible displays up on many of the official buildings, and we had a blast. It was packed with people. We had to fight our way to each monument to see the 5-10 minute light shows, but they were so worth it! I think the pictures will say more than I ever could:

First off: the city during the day. Keep an eye out for these same sights at night :)




okay, now some night photos:






2 comments:

  1. musicians? please explain.

    it looks way awesome.

    i love you! see you in a little more than a wee :)

    ReplyDelete