Monday, August 24, 2009

Leaving Tomorrow!!!

My bags are packed, my room is (almost) clean, and everything is in order for me to take off tomorrow!
I leave from DFW tomorrow morning at 10:30, with a layover in Atlanta, and then on to London. From there I'll spend a little under a week in England's Peak District (Pride and Prejudice country). I'm staying at the B&B pictured left, and will be hiking and biking and touring cool old houses like the one in the bottom photo (Chatsworth House).

Then, on Monday the 31st of August, I fly to Paris for orientation for 4 days, before the whole program takes a bus to Grenoble, where we'll spend the semester.

Suffice it to say that I am bubbling over with excitement. Earlier, as I was heading out to our cottage to finish packing everything, I couldn't stop myself from jumping around in circles and singing a random tune.

I am thrilled to finally be realizing this dream of mine. I have been planning this trip since I was in middle school, and now it's actually happening! I know it couldn't have happened without a lot of hard work, and really great encouragement from my family and friends, and for that, I thank you! I am also thankful that God has blessed me with such a great support group, and given me this opportunity.

I don't know when I'll be able to post again, hopefully sometime before my program starts. I would love to get emails and comments back from everyone, and you can reach me at emilymartin88 at gmail.com. (replace with an actual @ sign)

I also have google chat and i-chat for those of you who have access to it, and my skype name is emilycmartin.

Next time I should have some pictures of my own as well :)

3 comments:

  1. so excited to follow your adventures! love you mucho

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em:

    Once you get settled in Grenoble...let's skype ok?

    love you so, Aunt Char

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is the trip of a life time! You are SO LUCKY! Enjoy every second of it. We will miss you Thursday nights!

    ReplyDelete